1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started blogging in October of 2012. I always loved reading other blogs out there and they inspired me to start my own. I had thought about it for a while and never got around to it. Then we had 2 days off in October in a row because of a big storm so it was the perfect time to begin!
2. What one word would sum up the heart of your blog and why?
Sharing! I love to share and welcome any ideas. It makes me feel so good when someone comments on a post that has helped them in the classroom.
3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wish you knew before?
That blogging takes a lot of time!! I definitely need to work on scheduling posts so I get more out there. It's crazy when I look at my blog sometimes and haven't posted in over a month or more!
4. What is your favorite pastime other than blogging?
Relaxing on the beach and spending time with my family.
5. How many hours a week do you dedicate to your blog?
Not as many as I should! Probably about an hour or so. Spending more time on it will be my goal for the new year. I feel like I get wrapped up in reading other bloggers posts instead of working on my own!
6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I love getting new ideas for the classroom. There are so many amazing ideas out there! I especially love hands-on activities.
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from my classroom and those little first graders.
8. Which post (that you've written) are you most proud of?
I enjoyed writing my post about my math task cards. My students love these cards! I think it makes them feel very independent! I worked hard on creating task cards that cover a variety of concepts. I think they are a great review for the kids.
9. Is there any post you've been planning to do but have postponed to do for a while now?
For a while I thought about doing "Technology Tuesdays" so each Tuesday I would post something new in the technology world. However, I've only done one post so far, oops! but it was a pretty good one on BrainPop Jr. Love that site!
10. What is your favorite aspect about blogging?
My favorite is connecting with other teachers! It's so nice to read about similar experiences in the classroom and to get to know other bloggers.
11. Which idea on my blog would you most likely try?
I love Misha's classroom doorway valences and the curtain under her sink. Such a good idea and so cute! And Michelle- your sight word folders look great! I will have to try these with my class!
Thanks again girls for nominating me!!! It's greatly appreciated! Now that you know a little more about me I would like to nominate the following blogs:
Here are the rules for the nominees:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)