February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Is Only A Day Away!

If you are still looking for a few more activities to use with students then check out my Valentine's Day packet.  I have included math and literacy pages.  Just print out and copy!  You can use these pages for morning work, independent work, homework, or even for fast finishers!

So tomorrow is our big Valentine's Day party in class.  I mean it's not that big! I have parents coming in to do 4 crafts with the students and then a mystery reader at the end. Crafts are only suppose to take about 10 minutes each, but as always the students finish at different times.  Sometimes it's so hard to tell how long a craft is going to take anyways with the little ones!  A five minute one turns into 20 minutes and vice versa. You always have to be prepared for the kids who finish fast. 

Valentine's Day PrintablesOne of my favorite stories is from a few years ago when one of the mothers signed up for a craft, but had work obligations so she sent her husband in.  Her poor husband was sweating trying to figure out the best way to show the students how to do it and get all of the materials out for them. Let's just say I'm sure his wife got an ear full that night. He was such a good sport and I helped him through it. I think that was his last party for a while! Well I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...